SLU International Business Summer Academy
About the International Business Summer Academy
The International Business Summer Academy will introduce high school juniors and seniors to an international business curriculum and a practical understanding of local companies doing business internationally through an on-campus, two-day program. Students will learn more about international business—and the benefits of a career in international business—through lectures, discussions, seminars, and culturally-focused social activities.
Students will work in teams to develop and present solutions to real world international business scenarios. At the end of the second day of the Academy, each student team will present their solutions to their international business scenario to a panel of global business leaders.
Following the presentations, students and their families will enjoy an awards ceremony and an international dinner to celebrate the completion of the program.
The 2013 SLU International Business Summer Academy will take place June 24-26, 2013 at the John Cook School of Business on Saint Louis University’s campus.
- To provide local high school students with an introduction to an international business curriculum and a practical understanding of local companies doing business internationally
- To build awareness about the international business degree at Saint Louis University and the benefits of pursuing a career in international business
- To provide local high school students with an opportunity to experience undergraduate courses as well as campus life at Saint Louis University
- Experience Saint Louis University’s college campus by staying two nights on an on-campus residence hall
- Tour a local global company and share international concepts in roundtable discussions
- Work in teams to develop, propose, and present a solution to an international business scenario to a panel of global business leaders
- Attend seminars taught by top-ranked SLU International Business faculty and successful business practitioners with extensive international experience
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from undergraduate International Business students at Saint Louis University
- Participate in culturally-focused social activities
- Build new friendships and community while gaining a global perspective
The Campus Experience
Students can experience campus life at Saint Louis University by staying two nights in an on- campus residence hall, eating meals in the campus dining halls and attending seminars in the John Cook School of Business. Students can also enjoy complimentary access to the Simon Recreation Center.
Participation in SLU’s International Business Summer Academy is limited to high school students who will graduate in either 2014 or 2015 and currently have a cumulative “B” average or better. All application requirements must be met in order to be considered.
Tuition and Scholarships
The 2013 International Business Summer Academy tuition is $250 per person, which includes course instruction, visits to local companies, two nights of housing at Saint Louis University, all meals and access to the Simon Recreation Center.
Scholarships are available, but require a separate application.
Please contact Danielle Stevens at (314) 977-3631 or email@example.com for more information and to request an application.
SLU Employee Discount
The International Business Summer Academy offers participants who parents are employees at SLU a discuont of up to 50% off the academy tuition costs. For further information, please contact Danielle Stevens.
Applying to the Academy
To be considered for participation in SLU’s International Business Summer Academy, participants must submit the application completed in full, including:
- Completed Application Form
- One-page typed (single-spaced) essay about your interest in international business as a career
- Current official high school transcript One letter of recommendation from a teacher or high school counselor
- One passport sized photo
Please return all application contents by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (314) 977-7188
- Mail: John Cook School of Business, CK 332 3674 Lindell Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108 Attn: Danielle Stevens