Minors for Non-Business Majors
Business is everywhere. The Cook School realizes that skills learned in business academics are applicable to more than just business.
The Cook School offers minors for students not enrolled as business majors, but who are interested in business education.
Our minor programs for non-business majors includes:
- Arts and Sciences Economics Minor for Non-Business Students
- Business Administration Minor
- Entrepreneurship Minor
- Human Resources Management Minor
- Information Technology Management (ITM) Minor
- International Business
- Marketing Minor
- Sports Business Minor
Applying for the Minor Programs
Eligibility to enroll in a minor program for non-business majors requires:
- Students apply for the minor of choice before completing 60 credit hours (highly suggested)
- Students must have a 2.0 minimum overall SLU GPA at the time of application
- Students pursuing the B.A. in Economics cannot choose ECON 3120 or ECON 3140 as electives for the Business Administration Minor
- Aviation Management and Health Management majors are not eligible for the Business administration Minor
- Students in programs that have 50% + of the requirements for the minor embedded in the program are not eligible to earn any business minor *
* Example: If a degree requires at least 50% of a minor’s courses, then the student is not eligible to earn the minor in addition to their degree. For example, Aviation Management majors may not earn a minor in Business Administration because that major requires more than 50% of the minor’s courses.
Students that meet the Cook School minor eligibility requirements must apply to a minor program.
- Complete the Online Application or Come to Cook Hall, room 130, to complete a paper application.
- The Cook School will review the application and notify the applicant of their request status.