Transportation and Warehouse Management
Transportation is the movement of goods from one location to another. Modes of transport include air, rail, road, water, cable, pipeline and space. The field can be divided into infrastructure, vehicle and operations. Transportation infrastructure consists of the fixed installations necessary for transport, including roads, railway, airway, waterways, canals and pipelines and terminals such as airports, railway stations, bus stations, warehousing, trucking terminals, refueling depots (including fueling docks and fuel stations) and seaports. Terminals may be used both for interchange of passengers and cargo and for maintenance.
Warehouse management involves the receipt, storage and movement of goods, (normally finished goods), to intermediate storage locations or to a final customer. In the multi0echelon model for distribution, there may be multiple levels of warehouses. This includes a central warehouse, a regional warehouses (serviced by the central warehouse) and potentially retail warehouses (serviced by the regional warehouses). Warehouse design and process design within the warehouse (e.g. wave picking) is also part of warehouse management.
- Why Supply Chain Management?
- The Supply Chain and Financial Performance
- Deploying the Supply Chain
- Supply Performance Measurement
- Selected SCM Tools
- Efficient Customer Response
- Collaborative Management
- SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
What You Will Learn
- The fundamental concepts of supply chain management
- The basic design of a supply chain
- To understand how supply chain operations affect financial statements
- How best in class companies outperform the competition
- Gain an understanding selected “tools” used in supply chain management
- How to use metrics in managing supply chain performance
- An awareness of the trends in supply chain management
|Course Title||Dates||Where to Register|
|Transportation and Wharehouse Management||December 1-2, 2016||Register Here|
|Transportation and Wharehouse Management||April 20-21, 2017||Register Here|
* Members of the SLU Center for Supply Chain Management are able to redeem member discounts on program tuition. Please contact the center staff by calling (314) 977-3617 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your discount code.
Please address all questions to the Center for Supply Chain Management:
- Call: (314) 977-3617
- Fax: (314) 977-2068
- Email: email@example.com