Sales and Operations Planning Program
Done well, the Sales and Operations process also enables effective supply chain management.
Sales and operations planning (S&OP) is an integrated business management process developed by Oliver Wright through which the executive/leadership team continually achieves focus, alignment and synchronization among al functions of the organization.
The S&OP planning includes an updated forecast that leads to a sales plan, production plan, inventory plan, customer lead time (backlog) plan, new product development plan, strategics initiative plan and resulting financial plan.
Plan frequency and planning horizon depend on the specifics of the industry. Short product life cycles and high demand volatility require a tighter S&OP planning than a steadily consumed product.
An effective S&OP process routinely reviews customer demand and supply resources and “re-plans” quantitatively across an agreed rolling horizon. The re-planning process focuses on changes from the previously agreed sales and operations plan.
While it helps the management team to understand how the company achieved its current level of performance, its primary focus is on future actions and anticipated results.
Companies that have an integrated business management process us the S&OP process to monitor the execution of the company’s strategies.
- Establishing production plans
- How S&OP help improve business
- How to manage forecasts
- The critical nature of S&OP and customer service
- Resource planning to meet demand requirements
- S&OP and strategic issues
- How to optimize S&OP based with organizational constraints
Participants will learn how to:
- Create forecasts for demand management
- Develop S&OP plans
- Use resource planning to validate S&OP
- Establish performance metrics
- Initiate corrective actions
- Disaggregate S&OP from the master schedule
- Develop teamwork to achieve S&OP objectives
Courses meet, unless otherwise noted, at the following times and locations:
- Course Times: Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 a.m. | Course 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Course Location: John and Lucy Cook Hall, Room 230 at 3674 Lindell Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108
Ready to Register?
|Course Title||Dates||Where to Register|
|Sales and Operations Planning||September 16, 2016||Register Here|
* Members of the SLU Center for Supply Chain Management are able to redeem member discounts on program tuition. Please contact the center staff by calling (314) 977-3617 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your discount code.
Please address all questions to the Center for Supply Chain Management:
- Call: (314) 977-3617
- Fax: (314) 977-2068
- Email: email@example.com