Project Management Program
A supply chain management (SCM) project is typically characterized by high levels of unpredictability, risk, and technical complexity.
Project management knowledge, skills, and tools provide the processes and mechanisms for effectively implementing change in the complex supply chain management environment.
The need for effective project management techniques continues to grow as SCM managers face challenges created by the geographical distribution of systems, the outsourcing of development and maintenance activities, and the increased reliance on enterprise system software.
The course objective of this two-day workshop is to provide a basic introduction to the various concepts and techniques of project management in enough detail to be immediately useful in the working environment. Project management is an expansive domain that merits continued and extensive study.
The workshops will focus on the project management concepts and techniques needed from the early stages of the project to executing the project.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify supply chain project managers in the St. Louis area
- Identify the project management life cycle for a supply chain project
- Understand Variances in supply chain “organizational” structures to support projects
- Use methods to clarify the project scope, business objective, project objective, and stakeholder analysis
- Identify and articulate project assumptions and constraints. How to consider process integration in project scope and definition
- Prepare a project communication plan that acknowledges the supply chain project network
- Assess resource requirements and approach assigning resources. How to identify and plan for risk (including socio-cultural risk)
Individuals have the option to take both Part I and Part II of the program or they may opt to only take one module.
Courses meet, unless otherwise noted, at the following times and locations:
- Course Time: Registration and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. | Course 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Course Location: John and Lucy Cook Hall, Room 230 at 3674 Lindell Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108
|Project Management||August 11-12, 2016||Register Now|
|Project Management||January 12-13, 2017||Register Now|
* Members of the SLU Center for Supply Chain Management are able to redeem member discounts on program tuition. Please contact the center staff by calling (314) 977-3617 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your discount code.
Please address all questions to the Center for Supply Chain Management:
- Call: (314) 977-3617
- Fax: (314) 977-2068
- Email: email@example.com