Business Analytics is the art of analyzing business data for decision making. In the context of supply chain management (SCM), business analytics is about combining supply chain related data and solve specific SCM problems. An example of such problem is finalizing a location of a new distribution centre by analyzing the variables - city population, cost of living, proximity to suppliers, customers, ports, and airports.
The course will provide a foundation for analytical concepts, techniques, and tools required for supply chain decision making. The participants of this course will learn the basic concepts of analytics and acquire necessary skills for developing business dashboards. Participants will get hands on exposure on business analytics software and create visualizations to solve specific SCM problems.
- Importance of analytics in supply chain management
- Key database and statistical concepts related to analytics
- Developing supply chain metrics
- Business dashboard design
- Supply chain based decision making with current analytics tools
What You Will Learn:
- Learn how to develop supply chain metrics for analysis
- Learn how to combine different dashboard components such as containers, maps, and charts
- Learn how to use supply chain metrics to develop business dashboards
- Learn how to analyze supply chain dashboards for decision making
Individuals have the option to take both Part I and Part II of the program or they may opt to only take one module.
Courses meet, unless otherwise noted, at the following times and locations:
- Course Time: Breakfast and Registration 7:30 a.m. | Course 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Course Location: John and Lucy Cook Hall, Room 230 at 3674 Lindell Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108
|Course Title||Instructor Title||Dates||Where to Register|
|Business Analytics||Dr. Palash Bera||November 4, 2016||Register Here|
|Business Analytics||Dr. Palash Bera||April 28, 2017||Register Here|
* Members of the SLU Center for Supply Chain Management are able to redeem member discounts on program tuition. Please contact the center staff by calling (314) 977-3617 or emailing email@example.com to obtain your discount code.
Please address all questions to the Center for Supply Chain Management:
- Call: (314) 977-3617
- Fax: (314) 977-2068
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org