The Entrepreneurship Diplomate is a series of professional workshops offered by the Entrepreneurship Center at the John Cook School of Business at Saint Louis University.
The Diplomate makes use of the extensive resources of Saint Louis University to help current and prospective entrepreneurs fulfill the Entrepreneurship Center’s mission, Do Good. Do Well.
The Diplomate involves participants in workshops, speakers, and competitions designed to help them develop an understanding of and appreciation for entrepreneurial business.
The purpose of the Diplomate is to promote entrepreneurial mindsets, skills, and connections to help make participants better entrepreneurs in organizations of their own, when working for others, or when involved in community and charitable works.
The program is available at no cost to SLU students, alumni, faculty and staff.
The Entrepreneurship Diplomate requires that program participants engage in the following within two years of starting the program:
- 10 Entrepreneurship Workshops
- 10 Speaker Events
- 3 Competitions
- 1 Capstone Weekend
- Entrepreneurs and experts delve into specific topics important to all stages of entrepreneurship
- Workshops are held on Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. - 5:50 p.m. in Davis-Shaughnessy Hall, Room 173
- Participants have the opportunity to hear numerous guest speakers discuss a wide variety of business subjects pertinent to entrepreneurs
- Speaker sources include guest speakers in Entrepreneurship classes, Dean’s Breakfast Series events, Institute for Private Business Seminar Series and other University speaking engagements
- Entrepreneurs learn best by doing, and these competitions provide an ideal environment for doing so
- Participants will compete in three different competitions, which include: Idea to Product, Diamond in the Rough, Billiken Angel Network Business Plan Competition, Bright Idea Grants, Parks College Weekly Innovation Challenge and various elevator pitch competitions.
- Program participants form teams and draw upon the knowledge gained in the program to create an actual business by the end of the weekend
- Program is held from 9 AM–4 PM on a Saturday and Sunday towards the end of each semester
Registration & Contact Info
Register Online: Click here to register for upcoming workshops.
For more information please contact the Center for Entrepreneurship at:
- Call: (314) 977- 3850
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org