Why Sustainable Business Leadership?
Why Sustainable Business Leadership Certification?
Sustainable business is about more than considering your organization’s impact on the environment. It is about ethical leadership, innovative operations, responsible profitability, and creating practical solutions to complex problems for the benefit of your company and society.
After completing the certification in sustainable business leadership participants will be able to:
- Use the language of business to communicate sustainability risks and opportunities
- Connect financial business opportunities to existing social and environmental challenges
- Demonstrate ways companies can account for corporate, social, and environmental performance in financial reporting
- Identify future risks an organization may encounter due to current market forces and government regulation and policy
- Understand how companies are using sustainability and Triple Bottom Line (TBL) decision-making to thrive
- Analyze an organization’s environmental impact by calculating a simple carbon footprint
- Formulate business decisions by evaluating environmental and social return on investment (ROI)
- Identify ways to convert waste streams into revenue streams
- Understand Design for the Environment (DfE) principles and how they can be applied to a company’s products or services
- Use common sustainability assessment tools, such as carbon footprinting, to help guide an organization’s management decisions
- Define what is important to your organization and its stakeholders by determining “materiality”
- Apply a systems thinking approach to complex problems and sustainable solutions
This course was designed to enable participants to achieve “practiced proficiency” with the material. At the end of the course, participants should have a sufficient understanding of the concepts to be able to apply them to related coursework and professional projects. Each module includes assignments and/or quizzes that participants must complete to demonstrate their understanding of the concepts.