Business Foundations Certificate
The Graduate Business Foundation Certificate at the John Cook School of Business focuses on candidates who are right out of undergraduate school and/or have limited work experience and individuals who do not seek or want to commit to a full MBA program.
Upon completion of the certificate program, students will be awarded a certificate from Saint Louis University and the John Cook School of Business.
Students seeking to study for the certificate in business foundations must meet the following requirements for acceptance into the program:
- Completed application (submitted online or paper copy)
- Non-refundable application fee of $90, via check made payable to Saint Louis University
- Current Resume (Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two references in the resume
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities *
- Personal Statement (Please email to email@example.com) **
- Official GMAT score sent from ETS or Pearson VUE ***
* Transcripts should be mailed to: Graduate Business Programs, 3674 Lindell Blvd, Suite 132, Saint Louis, MO 63108
** The personal statement is your way to distinguish yourself to the Admissions Committee. This statement should include personal and professional goals, your reasons for pursuing the graduate degree, and any additional insights into your character or academic/employment history that will be helpful to the admissions committee. Please limit the personal statement to 500 words or less.
- Student may be asked to complete MBA Math before program or by end of first semester.
- Must maintain a B average with no grades below a C to earn a certificate.
- Must be working at the time of admission, have prior work experience, or gain an internship while completing the program.
- Application can be made to MBA program after three foundation courses have been completed.
- Must finish certificate within three year time frame.
Certificate Curriculum Overview
The certificate requirements consist of 12 credit hours of graduate foundation courses and 6 credit hours of breadth courses (chosen by the student in association with their advisor) for a total of 18 credit hours.
How to Apply
If you know what degree program you want to study and have reviewed the program’s application requirements, you may apply in one of two ways:
Return all paper applications to:
Graduate Business Programs
John Cook School of Business
Saint Louis University
3674 Lindell Boulevard, Suite 132
Saint Louis, MO 63108