Pursuing an MBA that fits your schedule is a Smart Move.
Understanding the Evening MBA
The part-time Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) program is intended to be an advanced general management degree. As such, the MBA curriculum includes as many as four to six electives as a degree requirement.
Students may decide to concentrate the electives in a particular area of study to create an area of emphasis. However, it may serve some students better to consider using the electives to round out their business expertise rather than concentrating their study in one or more areas of emphasis.
The Cook School’s highly regarded faculty continues to review and enhance the part-time MBA program curriculum to reflect current demand in the work force for additional training in decision making and analytics.
Additionally, courses in areas such as communication, career development, and coaching, offered in one credit hour Organizational Effectiveness Modules, develops strong ethical and technical skills in our students. Combined with the expertise and dedication of our faculty, the program is one that prepares students for a rewarding experience giving them the tools necessary to create real and lasting change.
Curriculum Change taking effect in Fall 2013:
Please note that the changes listed below will only affect students who enter into the program starting Fall 2013 and beyond. All students currently enrolled will continue utilizing the program of study that is prior to Fall 2013..
Credit Hour Requirements
- Forty-eight credit hours required for degree conferral
- Up to twelve hours of Foundation Courses are still eligible for waiver, provided criteria are met
- Three hour Analytics such as ITM-640, Business Analytics
- Three hours of Organizational Effectiveness courses will be required
- Students will be able to select from a variety of one credit hour modules
- Nine of forty-eight hours required will be in elective courses
- A separate track has been created for students who wish to earn an emphasis in finance
- Finance Track students will take FIN-615 as the Breadth Course (in place of FIN-600)
- Nine elective hours in finance will be required, which must include FIN-616andFIN-621