Allsup Summer Academy
The Allsup Academy is a week-long immersive summer program at Saint Louis University’s John Cook School of Business.
Allsup Academy: July 25 - July 29
During the last week in July, high school students from around the nation come together to explore, learn, develop, and present innovative solutions to real world market needs.
The Allsup Academy uses experiential learning, problem solving and case studies to educate young people on how to start and operate a business while instilling an understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset.
The Academy offers students four various entrepreneurship tracks that students can choose to study while at the Academy. The four tracks include:
- Family Entrepreneurship
- Female Entrepreneurship
- Social Impact Entrepreneurship
- Tech Entrepreneurship
The four various tracks, as well as the Allsup Academy as a whole, will cover topics that include:
- defining entrepreneurship,
- opportunity recognition,
- characteristics of a successful entrepreneur,
- income statements and financial,
- return on investments,
- inventions and product development,
- financing strategy,
- cost of goods sold,
- marketing and advertising,
- competitive analysis,
- professional presentation methods
The class also provides networking with entrepreneurs and local business professionals to develop possible mentor relationships and internship opportunities.
- Idea Pitch Competition
- Cash Prizes
- Field Trips
- Local Entrepreneurial Celebrities
- Hands-on experiential learning
- Entrepreneurial skill building
- Team building activities
- Tours of thriving local businesses
July 25-29The 2016 ALLSUP Summer Academy will run from July 25-29.
For questions, please contact: