Scholars and Awardees Recognized During Annual 2014 Hussmann International Business Awards Ceremony
Congratulations to the Scholars and Awardees recognized at the 2014 Hussmann International Business Awards Ceremony held Thursday, Oct. 2.
Saint Louis University President, Dr. Fred Pestello, presented the awards and scholarship medals to the 2014 Hussmann International Business Awards Ceremony honorees. He was assisted on stage by Mr. Edward Monser, President and COO of Emerson, Dr. Scott Safranski, Interim Dean of the John Cook School of Business, and Dr. Seung Kim, Director of the Boeing Institute of International Business that hosts this annual event, which is made possible by the corporate sponsor HUSSMANN and the co-sponsors, Tom & Kate Gunn and the St. Louis Business Journal.
The 2014 Globalist Award was awarded to Madame Ma, Xiuhong, Former Vice Minister of Commerce for the People’s Republic of China by Mr. Robert Clausen, Chairman Emeritus of the BIIB Advisory Board. While Madame Ma was not able to attend, the award was received on her behalf by Luomei Shu, Commercial Counselor from the Chinese Consulate Office in Chicago.
The 2014 International Visionary Award was presented by Mr. David Farr, Chairman and CEO of Emerson, to Mr. James Berges, Operating Partner at Clayton, Dubilier & Rice as well as the Chairman of Hussmann and the Chairman of HD Supply.
Scholarships were presented as follows:
The Anheuser-Busch Global Business Scholarship was presented to MIAN LI by Stephen Frein, Director of People at AB InBev.
- The BIIB Advisory Board International Business Scholarship was presented to MADELINE ALEXANDER by BIIB advisory board member, David Orthwein.
- The Bud Berman and Kellwood Company Global Business Scholarship was presented to YU LIU by Mrs. Bud Berman and Keith Grypp, Vice President and General Counsel at Kellwood.
- The Emerson Scholarship in International Business was presented to CAMERON WHITE by Pat Sly, Executive Vice President at Emerson.
- The Monsanto Global Business Scholarship was presented to TASSO PETTIGREW by Lisa Safarian, Vice President of Commercial Operations at Monsanto.
- The Neil Seitz International Business Student Scholarship was presented to MARGARET HAZZARD by Dr. John Keithley, former Dean of the John Cook School of Business.
- The Novus Global Business Scholarship was presented to STEPHANIE SANCHEZ by Francois Fraudeau, President and CEO of Novus International.
- The Sigma-Aldrich Global Business Scholarship was presented to HOPE WILLIAMS by Kevin Krosley, Chief of Staff at Sigma-Aldrich.
Front row from left: Luomei Shu, Cameron White, Hope Williams, Stephanie Sanchez, Margaret Hazzard, Mian Li, Yu Liu, Madeline Alexander, Tasso Pettigrew, and James Berges.
Standing, from left: Robert Clausen, Dr. Seung Kim, Pat Sly, Kevin Krosley, Francois Fraudeau, Dr. John Keithley, Stephen Frein, Keith Grypp, Mrs. Bud Berman, David Orthwein, Lisa Safarian, Ed Monser, and Dr. Scott Safranski.
View All News