+

My Path to Join the SLU One-Year MBA Program

mitch-louch-one-year-mba-sluMeet Mitch

A Family Affair´╗┐

My wife and I were having sushi over the Thanksgiving weekend last year when I told her I wanted to go back to grad school. 

I caught her by surprise, but I had thought about it a lot and like most of the good ideas in our family, it was her fault to begin with. 

She had recently graduated from an MBA program and her success had brought us to St. Louis. 

Let’s just say watching her do what she did was the motivation I needed to even consider going back.

My Epiphany

I had graduated from Michigan State University in 2007 with a degree in Communications and had gone directly into outside sales – continuing my education was never considered.  After six years building my resume, I was in a good position with a great company, but I felt like I was a little behind on certain concepts regarding general business operations and wanted to better myself.  After the sushi conversation with my wife, I began to look at executive programs, full-time programs, evening programs and even online MBA programs.  I was nervous about leaving work, so I had put full-time programs at the bottom of the list. 

cook-school-seminar-series-john-cook-school-of-businessJohn Cook School of Business

That all changed in April when I had an “epiphany” and realized that almost one-third of my year (not just work days) in 2012 was spent in the driver seat of my employer’s Ford Fusion.  While my job was great, a career on the road wasn’t something I desired long-term.  I decided it was time for a drastic change.  That was just over five months ago and I have since earned twenty-two credits towards my Masters of Business Administration from the John Cook School of Business at Saint Louis University.

More than Meets the Eye

I initially chose SLU’s MBA program because of the fast paced, One-Year setup, but have since learned there’s so much more to the Full-Time One-Year MBA.  Now, I have been given the privilege as a Graduate Assistant to blog about my experience and tell you what “so much more” really entails.  With a variety of different topics throughout the year, I’ll give you the most honest assessment I can of what it’s like being a One-Year MBA Candidate at SLU.

If you have any interest in pursuing your MBA (full-time or not), I encourage you to check back every couple of weeks to see how things are going.  In the meantime, if you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to me by leaving a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I am able.  I look forward to sharing my experience with you! 

1. Krantz eszcort girl Josefa

I am looking for a great blogging website, but there are just too many! I am actually looking for a website that's free and there can be many bloggers on one site. For example, I created a blog and people who I choose (friends and family) can easily start blogging on the site. If I could easily update it from my iPod touch that would be nice. And if I could personalize easily. (Have my own logo and background) Note this is not mandatory! Thank You's ahead!.

January 15, 2014Reply

View All Blog Posts