Accounting is the language of business decision-making and is a primary means of organizational communication.
About the Department
The accountant’s role has changed substantially over the past decade. Today, accountants are actively involved in the analysis and interpretation of financial data and work with other executives in decision-making and problem solving activities.
Our program will help you develop strong ethical, technical and professional accounting skills. Our graduates have a long history of success on the CPA exam, earning the Missouri gold medal on several occasions and also earning the Elijah Watt Sells award for outstanding performance across all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination.
The Saint Louis University accounting program has received the following rankings:
- No. 24 national ranking by U.S. News & World Report for the specialized graduate program.
- Top 100 business school rankings based on research contributions in the top three accounting journals from 2010-2013: The Accounting Review, the Journal of Accounting and Economics, and the Journal of Accounting Research (ranking compiled by the University of Texas at Dallas).
- Top 50 undergraduate accounting programs in the country by Bloomberg BusinessWeek in 2011-2013.
- Saint Louis University accounting students are ranked 28th in the nation for 2014 CPA pass rates for first-time candidates from medium-sized institutions.
For the past ten years, John Cook School of Business students have competed nationally in the PricewaterhouseCoopers Xtreme case challenge. In 2004, the Cook School team was one of five across the county selected as national finalists and they received a $10,000 prize and a trip to New York to present their case before a panel of judges.
Discover the Opportunities
- Why Study Accounting?
- Accounting Degree Programs
- Meet the Faculty & Staff
- Explore the resources
- Meet the Advisory Board
- Contact the Department