Diamond in the Rough Accelerator Program
Diamond In the Rough is a program that identifies, supports and rewards the most promising student entrepreneurs at Saint Louis University.
About the Program
SLU’s Diamond In the Rough provides training, mentoring and support to three non-graduating undergraduate and graduate students per semester who have an idea or existing business. Diamond in the Rough benefits include:
- Getting funding - each student receives a $1,500 award to help grow their business while at SLU
- Getting help - mentoring & training to help grow your business, plus services like 99 Designs
- Getting access - VIP access to SLU Entrepreneurship activities
- Getting promoted - coverage for you and your business in SLU Entrepreneurship Programs, events and media, and promotion to the St. Louis community and beyond
- Getting investment - fast track access to investors via the Billiken Angel Network
Diamond In the Rough was brought to St. Louis by local entrepreneur Tim Fogerty of Bissinger’s Chocolate to support and develop practicing student entrepreneurs at SLU.
The original Diamond in the Rough was a program developed by Professor Fred Kiesner of Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.
Thanks to the following companies for assisting our Diamond in the Rough program!