Diamond in the Rough
Diamond In the Rough is a program that identifies, supports and rewards the most promising student entrepreneurs at Saint Louis University.
About the Program
SLU’s Diamond In the Rough provides training, mentoring and support to freshmen and sophomore students who own and run their own businesses. Diamond in the Rough benefits include:
- Getting helped - mentoring & training to help grow your business
- Getting access - VIP access to SLU Entrepreneurship activities
- Getting promoted - coverage for you and your business in SLU Entrepreneurship Programs, events and media, and promotion to the St. Louis community
- Getting referred - Fast track access to investors via the Billiken Angel Network
- Getting funding - Each spring, through a competition, one Diamond is selected to receive $5,000 to help grow their business while at SLU
The original Diamond in the Rough was a program developed by Professor Fred Kiesner of Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.
Diamond In the Rough was brought to St. Louis by local entrepreneur Tim Fogerty of Gateway EDI to support and develop practicing student entrepreneurs at SLU.