Allsup Summer Academy
The Allsup Academy is a week-long immersive summer program at Saint Louis University’s John Cook School of Business.
About Allsup Academy
During the last week in July, high school students from around the nation come together to explore, learn, develop, and present innovative solutions to real world market needs.
The Allsup Academy uses experiential learning, problem solving and case studies to educate young people on how to start and operate a business while instilling an understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset. View a sample daily schedule fo the academy.
The Academy offers students four various entrepreneurship tracks that students can choose to study while at the Academy. The four tracks include:
- General Entrepreneurship
- Tech Entrepreneurship
- Family Entrepreneurship
- Female Entrepreneurship
The four various tracks, as well as the Allsup Academy as a whole, will cover topics that include:
- defining entrepreneurship,
- opportunity recognition,
- characteristics of a successful entrepreneur,
- income statements and financial,
- return on investments,
- inventions and product development,
- financing strategy,
- cost of goods sold,
- marketing and advertising,
- competitive analysis,
- professional presentation methods
The class also provides networking with entrepreneurs and local business professionals to develop possible mentor relationships and internship opportunities.
- Entrepreneur Field Trips at Kaldi’s Coffee Roasting Company and St. Louis Closet Company
- Innovation Field Trip at SLU’s Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology research labs
- Lunch with an Entrepreneur Steve Smith, CEO of the Lawrence Group, and owner of Triumph Grill, the Moto Museum, and Moto Europa Chris Sommers, founder of Pi Pizzeria
JULY The 2013 Allsup Academy is accepting applications for the July 29th - August 2nd.
Full tuition is $495, however, generous scholarships are available based on high school GPA, student activities, financial need, and the desire to attend.
Interested high school students should contact the Center for Entrepreneurship in the John Cook School of Business by:
Phone: (314) 977 - 3850