Global Business: Rules and Schedule
Schedule and Deadlines
Students must register to participate in the Global Business Video Contest. The first 10 video submissions will be considered (first come, first served). After the first 10 teams have registered, there will be a waitlist for other teams interested in participating. All 10 videos will be voted on by the SLU student body via the contest’s website. This initial voting on the 10 videos will be the Qualifying Round.
Once the voting period is over, the top six videos with the most votes will be selected to move on to the Playoffs. These six videos will be showcased in the Atrium of the Business School on November 13th to an audience and a panel of advisory board members and faculty. The audience will use mobile technology to vote on their favorite three videos. Once these three videos have been determined, the panel of Advisory Board Members and Faculty will rank the three videos and announce 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards. The three videos will also be presented at the 2015 International Business Conference and will be posted on the JCSB website.
- This video contest requires JCSB students to advertise SLU business programs to the Chinese market.
- Working in a team of three, students will create a short video that promotes SLU business programs to prospective students from China while taking into consideration the cultural differences between the countries. We encourage you to create diverse teams (i.e. different majors, different nationalities etc…)
- The recommended length of the video is between 1-3 minutes
- The recommended size of the video is less than 500MB
- The video should be creative, clear, original and reflect cross-cultural understanding
- The video must adhere to all copyright laws. Thus, for any images, music, film etc…that you use, you must (either):
- have copyright permission,
- use copyright free material,
- use material for which you own the rights—music, film, photos you make/produce.
Terms and Legal
- The promoter is: Saint Louis University John Cook School of Business whose registered office is at 3674 Lindell Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63108.
- Employees of Saint Louis University or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are found here
- Closing date for entry will be October 5th at Midnight. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents for following the guidelines of the contest.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Missouri law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Missouri.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: 3674 Lindell Boulevard DS 207, St. Louis, MO 63108.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.