Boeing Distinguished Lecture Series
The Distinguished Guest Lecture (DGL) program is one of the three annual events offered by the Boeing Institute of International Business. The event is offered every Spring semester to provide a forum to bring a high-level speaker to share insights on a current topic of interest.
- 2012: “Korea-U.S. FTA, the Rise of East Asia and the Trans Pacific Relation” by newly appointed Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the U.S.A. Choi, Young-Jin.
- 2010: “United States - India Relations” by Her Excellency Meera Shankar, Ambassador of India to the U.S.
- 2009: “Solving the World’s Food and Hunger Problems” by Ban, Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- 2008: Pierre Vimont, Ambassador of France to the United States—— Trans-Atlantic Relationships: Political, Economic and Military cooperation
- 2007: His Royal Highness Prince Turki Al Faisal, Chairman of the Board of King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies in Riyadh—— U.S.-Saudi Global Trade Relations
- 2006-: W. James McNerney Jr., Chairman, President and CEO of The Boeing Company ——Innovation in the Global Economy
- 2005: James A. Baker III, Former U.S. Secretary of State and White House Chief of Staff ——Global Challenges: The Paradox of American Power
- 2004: Her Excellency Heng Chee Chan, Ambassador of Singapore to the US ——Singapore in the World Economy: Dealing with Globalization
- 2003: Jim Albaugh, President and CEO of Integrated Defense Systems at The Boeing Company—— Homeland Security & Pre-emptive Defense
- 2002: Sir Christopher Myer, KCMG, British Ambassador—— How the U.S. and U.K. Unite for World Security
- 2001: Ambassador Richard Armitage, Deputy Secretary US Department of State ——The Future of U.S. GlobalRelations
- 2000: Philip M. Condit, Chairman and CEO of The Boeing Company—— Transformation in A Global, Mobile World
- 1998: Alan R. Mulally, President of Boeing Information Space & Defense Systems ——Trade: A Vision for the Future
- 1997: The Honorable Dato’ Syed Hamid Bin Syed Jaafar Albar, Minister of Defense of Malaysia—— Malaysia’s Vision 2020: Making it Work for Malaysians
- 1996: Moshe Keret, President of Israel Aircraft Industries Ltd In Tel Aviv, Israel ——The Consolidated World Incorporated
- 1995: Ratan N. Tata, Chairman and CEO of TATA Business Group in Bombay India
- 1992: Dr. Giovanni Bisignani, CEO Alitalia Airlines—— The European Air Travel Industry
- 1991: Irvine O. Hockaday Jr, President and CEO of Hallmark Cards Inc—— Independence to Interdependence: The Ethical and Human Side of Globalization
- 1990: Francis T. Vincent Jr., Commissioner of the Major League Baseball ——Baseball Around the World - A New Strategy
- 1989: The Honorable Nicholas F. Brady, Secretary of the U.S. Treasury—— International Financial Problems
- 1988: Dr. Michael K. Evans, President of Evans Economics in Washington DC ——Can the U.S. Prosper With a $1 Trillion External Debt? 1987 —Donald R. Keough, President of Coca Cola Company ——Marketing in a Global Economy
- 1986: John S. Reed, Chairman of Citicorp/Citibank ——The United States as Part of the World Economy