Requirements & Approval
The Cook School wants you to make an impact while you are a businesses intern. We want you to be a polished representative of yourself and the school, so we’ve developed guidelines to ensure you get the most out of your internship.
Students must complete 60 total hours (including 15 hours in Cook School of Business), have a minimum GPA of 2.0, and have completed the prerequisites course(s):
- Accounting: ACCT-3110 and ITM-2500
- Analytics and Enterprise Systems: ITM 2000 or ITM 2010
- Economics: ECON-3010 and ECON-3020
- Entrepreneurship: MGT 3000
- Finance: FIN 3330 and FIN 3630
- Decision Sciences/ITM: ITM-2000 or ITM-2010
- International Business: IB-2000
- Management: MGT-3000
- Marketing: MKT-3000
- Sports Business: MGT 3070
- Credit can only be granted in concentration areas and approved supporting areas (ENT, HRM, ITM, IB, SPBZ).
- Student may only apply 3 credit hours toward 120 hours required for graduation.
- Only new internship experiences will be considered for academic credit.
- A Student may register for 1, 2 or 3 credits.
- For each hour of credit, student must work 60 hours at the internship site.
- Students will be responsible for tuition payment during the summer semester.
- Student will complete the resume review and mock interview.
- Student will send a position description to the Internship Coordinator.
- Site visit is required for all new internship sites (must be conducted prior to the start date).
- Internship Coordinator will send a Faculty Referral Form to the Department Chair for approval.
- Department Chair will grant approval and assign a faculty sponsor.
- Student will complete Internship Agreement Form in conjunction with Site Supervisor and Faculty Sponsor.
- Student will be registered for credit
- Site Supervisor will complete two evaluations during the internship period.
- Interns will be required to complete an academic assignment including an on-line evaluation of the internship.