The Cook School of Business thinks your future and success are highly important — so important, that we have designed the Career FOCUS program to help you be successful as a student and a professional. Our goal is for every business student to celebrate the end of their educational journey with a diploma in one hand and a job offer in the other.
About the Program
The Focus On Careers for Undergraduate Students (FOCUS) program is designed to help undergraduate students pro-actively start their efforts to secure internships during their college career and full-time job opportunities upon graduation. All events and activities must be completed by graduation to receive notation on official transcripts.
This four-year career development program is a culmination of:
- Career fairs
- Networking events with employers and executives
Upon completion of the FOCUS program, students will have developed a “career portfolio” and a set of tools to highlight academic accomplishments, strengths and interests, job/internship experience, service/volunteer activities and leadership/on-campus activities that will provide the advantage of a seamless transition from college into the workplace.
The CRC staff can assist you with planning, implementing and evaluating your career options and choices. Through the FOCUS program, you will:
- Learn more about your personality and preferences through assessment tools
- Explore career options
- Develop a professional resume
- Sharpen your interviewing skills
- Learn effective networking strategies
- Execute a successful internship and job search
- Focus on career management as a lifelong process
- Interact with potential employers and business professionals through networking meetings, networking events and career fairs.